We are a registered Benefit Corporation, Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) firm in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with a social purpose of empowering people through design.
We work to identify systemic inequities through partnerships with local communities and build resilient solutions with
long-term social impact.
Our commitment to creating positive change is guided by the the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals as our guiding framework.
We seek to make impact specifically around SGD goals 4, 9, 10, 11, and limited targets. Our commitment to measure and value impact guided by the SDG Impact Assessment Tool and the Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) impact measuring frameworks.
Our Social Impact Purpose is to strive for equitable and Resilient Communities
SIC aims to make positive change by applying our design thinking tools & methods to help investors & communities tackle complex development challenges that can bring impact to their investments and communal lives.
We are committed to first thinking about how our clients and partner’s purposes can help drive long-lasting solutions to the challenges they face, followed by the collaborative creation of solutions that generate measurable social, environmental, and financial impact.
This commitment towards positive change is codified by our adoption of the UNSDG goals as a global aspirational framework and also through our commitment to measure and value impact through Impact Measurement and Management (IMM) toolkits SDG Impact Assessment Tool and the Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) impact measuring platforms.
How we work
Our methods of working are driven by a clear intent that drives the change you want to make. We emphasis working together through collaborative processes, co-create solutions through people centered and environmentally conscious mind and with empathy for all in the system of the problems we are trying solve.
Our methods of work are centered on the following core principles;
- Collaboration centered approach that values local knowledge, local stakeholder’s participation and human centered design
- Problems are interconnected across social, environmental and economic aspects, therefore our design solutions will aim for maximum impact across the socio-economic and environmental aspects.
- Collating data and Understanding critical data aspects towards understanding and measuring
"Design for the Other 90%."Dr. Paul Polak“The majority of the world’s designers focus all their efforts on developing products and services exclusively for the richest 10% of the world’s customers. Nothing less than a revolution in design is needed to reach the other 90%.” Dr. Paul Polak, International Development Enterprises
"Housing is a human right."Jordan Flaherty"Housing is a human right. There can be no fairness or justice in a society in which some live in homelessness, or in the shadow of that risk, while others cannot even imagine it." Jordan Flaherty, Floodlines: Community and Resistance from Katrina to the Jena Six
We work with local partners to develop design solutions and implement a projects aimed at addressing some these systemic inequities in housing, education, health, community development and other community identified priorities.
We also help employers who are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion to identify and recruit new talent towards these goals through our networks.